Love Your Neighbor
During this time of uncertainty, there are many ways to be a good neighbor in our community. Below are a few ideas:
- If you have a neighbor or know someone who's been affected by COVID-19 and could use some help, please fill out this form and we will take care of the rest.
- Write encouraging words on cards and leave for neighbors, co-workers, or others in your community.
- Use sidewalk chalk to write notes and draw pictures on a neighbor’s driveway to thank them for being an awesome neighbor or to celebrate their birthday.
- Offer free babysitting to a couple in your neighborhood to give them time to work or have a break.
- Host a collection drive drop-off for the nearest local food pantry - AFAC has all the resources to help you with it.
- Check-in on any elderly in the neighborhood. Ring their doorbell and keep a safe distance.
- Go for a walk and clean up the trash in the neighborhood.
- Leave notes with neighbors letting them know you can help with shopping or dropping off food.
- Use this time to place a phone call, not a text, to someone and offer positive encouragement.
- Post positivity on social media. Now is your time to post encouragement and hope!
- Drop off gift cards anonymously to someone needing encouragement. If they live further away, send eGift cards.